What Should a Headshot Say About Your Child?
Headshot Tips for Child & Teenage Actors and Models
A professional headshot is one of the key criteria for being a member of The Mandy Network. Your account will not go live without a professional headshot as the default image on your profile.
- The industry standard is a 10 x 8 (25 x 20cm) professional headshot
- Your headshot should be true and accurate, clearly displaying your entire face, shoulders and a plain background
- The Mandy Network accepts both colour and black & white portraits
- Keep it plain and simple
- Don't edit out any birthmarks or moles - these are part of your character and should be embraced
- Do not submit selfies, holiday or family shots
- Snapchat, Instagram or Photoshopped images will not be accepted
- Avoid crazy hair, heavy makeup, foolish grins, props and sunglasses
Search our directory of photographers for discounts and testimonials from other The Mandy Network members.
Find out what is included in the fee. Ask for discounts available to The Mandy Network members, find out what the image file format & resolution are and how many copies will you receive.
Get a good night's sleep before the session, arrive wearing clothes in which you feel comfortable, confident and relaxed. Ensure the clothes don't distract from your face. Don't wear makeup and don't get your hair cut the day before - give a new cut time to settle in.
When choosing a shot select one which looks most like you. Ask the opinion of other industry professionals - fellow actors, your agent, photographer or... The Mandy Network!
The photographer will own the rights even though you pay for the initial session. If you want to reproduce the picture in any form (online, spotlight, publicity for a show) you will need to get permission from your photographer. They should also be credited whenever you upload the headshot to The Mandy Network.
Not a member yet? Join The Mandy Network.