Casting agents

• Ellie Hemmings
  • Child Actor
    uk
  • Contact
  • 1 week ago

Calling all northern child actors .....

I have an agent in London and over the last 12 months have heard nothing - they say they are putting me forward for roles but with me in SCOTLAND and most looking to cast children within the M25 I don’t get any opportunities from them. In Scotland there appear to be very few agents looking for child actors / actresses. Will my luck or opportunity possibly turn when I reach 16 next year and removed the need for child licensing etc

Would appreciate any guidance

• 2 weeks ago
  • Anonymous

Why not try some agencies based in scotland or more up north? Tiny Angel's are opening in scotland I think so that could be one to try.

• Ellie Hemmings
  • Child Actor
    uk
  • Contact
  • 1 week ago

Thanks summer - I will take a look. I have tried a fair few agents in Scotland but most wont take on under 16s and a fair few under 18s - guess there isn’t as much demand in Scotland as their is down south.

• Charlie Southby
  • Child Actor
    uk
  • Contact
  • 1 day ago

If you are not having any luck at the moment with paid work auditions and you are interested in stage work maybe consider auditioning for National Youth Theatre or NYMT if you like musical theatre?. It is a very high standard and a professional level credit and they audition all over the country.

In the meantime maybe ask your agent for a list of the roles they have submitted you for. Coatings are increasingly done by self tape at first round, so you should be getting some of those requests irrespective of geography and your agent should be suggesting that when putting you forward.

Good luck and keep checking on Mandy because there are definitely things which come up in Scotland from time to time

Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.