Uploading files

Rita Pattni
Rita Pattni
Voice Over: English

I've been on mandy for a few months and have uploaded sample scripts for applications ok but as I'm just trying to apply for new job opportunities there doesn't seem to be an upload option so I can't put my sample script up. Has something changed or am I forgetting something?

Editorial Comment Hi Rita,

Thank you for your query, It sounds like you may have reached your file limit! Head your Studio to remove any older files!

If you have any further issues, please email us at emails@mandy.com.

All the best

The Mandy Team

• 4 months ago
Jahmene Hastings
Jahmene Hastings

you're only allowed so many - when the option to add a new file is not shown it means you've reached your limit, delete some old files :)

• 4 months ago
Tom Wylde
Tom Wylde

I must say, it's time for Mandy to change this. On Mandy Actors, when an employer asks for a self tape, you can record one and send it directly, and there's no limit to doing that. On Mandy Voices, it doesn't let you do that - you have to attach a file which then gets uploaded to your gallery - a stupid idea when you've recorded a personalised demo for a client and will never use it for anyone but that client. The file should get tacked onto the application and then stay there in perpetuity for the client, but not take up any "Studio" space.

• 3 months ago
Jahmene Hastings
Jahmene Hastings

^ 100 with you on that Tom ^

• 3 months ago
Shash Hira
Shash Hira

Great idea Tom!

• 1 month ago
Tommy Davies
Tommy Davies

Hi,

I know this is a few months old but I recently had the same problem. Basically what happens is, every time you audition for a project, click yes on "Include Extra Media", and upload a file specific to that client, Mandy adds those audition files to the number of files uploaded on your profile.

They are set to private, so don't worry about potential clients scrolling through your past auditions, but you will have to go to "Edit Profile", into "The Studio", and delete old auditions in order to upload more files. Otherwise you won't be able to upload anything new to send to clients requesting demo reads of their scripts.

I hope that's helpful to someone.

Tommy

• 3 weeks ago
Scott Tunnix
Scott Tunnix

Good idea Tom!

• 2 weeks ago
Ayesha Tansey
Ayesha Tansey

I had the same problem too. I sent them two emails and no response and then eventually called them and they explained this over the phone. They definitely should make this more apparent.

• 2 weeks ago
Tom Wylde
Tom Wylde

I've just had a client unable to find my voice demo I sent them because it was sent in August and obviously I've had to delete it since then.
This needs changing immediately! It could cost us jobs!

• 2 weeks ago
Angus Scott
Angus Scott

This old chestnut has been raised again and again with Mandy. They restrict us to a number of files as the server storage for their site cannot cope with "too many".

This, however, is seriously disappointing - I emailed Mandy myself months ago and received a response along these lines and they're not going to change it.

It's pretty ludicrous as voice files are a tiny fraction of the size of video files (which actors on Mandy's other sites are uploading in their video reels) so we are being penalised stupidly. 30 voice files can still be smaller than even one single video file.

I asked if they would limit us by actual storage size rather than simple numbers of files - but no joy.

I did receive a nice, polite reply but that doesn't really help. Every other voice site I'm on manages to not have this issue so Mandy's tech guys really should catch up with everyone else who manages to do it! Sorry guys, but come on :-)

• 1 week ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.