Michael La Belle

Farah Sardar
Farah Sardar
Actor

I have just been onto Michael's facebook. I knew he was battling cancer. Sadly I learned he died a few weeks ago. The world won't be the same without his madness.

We will all miss you so much. Rest in peace sweet Michael. xxx

• 9 years ago
Alan Brent
Alan Brent
Actor

Thank you for letting me know.
He was a 'close' friend but I lost touch with him.
He was a brilliant performer and a gentleman. It is so sad that we have lost his talent and his enthusiasm.
He organised a 1000 motorbike ride to raise cash for Cancer causes last year. Not for himself but for future sufferers. He was selfless and caring. We need many more in this world like him. RIP buddy.

• 9 years ago
Richard Lord
Richard Lord
Actor

Oh My God ! I think the penny's just dropped ! You mean Michael De la Belle aka the infamous Splatcat?!! That's shocking news !

• 9 years ago
Alan Brent
Alan Brent
Actor

Yes the very same. Splatcat who helped so many on this site and was an inspiration to so many.
I had the absolute pleasure of working with him on the play 'Sex and Politics' last year when, even though he was ill, stood in at the last minute for a guy who dropped out.
A true pro in every sense of the word and also a perfect friend to so many.

• 9 years ago
Clare Cameron

Very sad; he always livened things up on the forum and certainly believed in grabbing life by the collar and taking it on. RIP Splatty

• 9 years ago
Claire Dodin
Claire Dodin
Actor

oh, no!
I had no idea.
He was a very talented man. I'm really sad.
RIP :-(

• 9 years ago
Charles Delaney

Very Sad News.
I had some memorable 'banter' & exchange of views with him on here & will miss his honesty & directness.
RIP Splat,

POLE

• 9 years ago
Lee Ravitz
Lee Ravitz
Actor

It's true that he was a man of some determinedly expressed views, but always full of love for the profession of acting itself. I never had the chance to meet him in person, but held a long personal correspondence with him via CCP. A man of great integrity, he actually stopped commenting on the forums after certain dissatisfactions with the moderation of his posts left him unhappy, but he made sure to continue to offer advice and contact to those whom he respected. His attitude that it is necessary for all actors to enjoy making a career for themselves, and to never allow setbacks to deter you from producing your best work always, was exemplary. His sense of humour and somtimes off kilter references have been missed on the CCP forums for many months now, but sadly, it seems, he will never be able to rejoin us and restart the crazy threads of old in the future. He will be missed.

• 9 years ago
Alan Brent
Alan Brent
Actor

You're absilutely right, Lee. He was one of those guys who would never try to pull the wool over your eyes. He was honest and passionate about his work. He was also an extremely talented actor.
If there was ever a guy you could rely on I'll give you an example:
I phoned him when the lead in a play I was involved with pulled out with only twl shows left to do on the tour. I said 'Hi Mike. Where are you right now?' Meaning 'Are you in the country and are you working?'
He said 'I'm in hospital.' 'Right, I said 'when are they letting you out?'
He said 'At the weekend.' 'Great' I replied 'Do you want to do a play I'm in?'
'Of course' he said. So I emailed him the script. With only two rehearsals he showed me what a complete star he was. Afterwards he told me he had been in hospital for his chemo treatment for his cancer. We then started making plans for Edinburgh Festival this year.
That is the kind of guy he was. I respect his memory as a fun and professional actor to work with and a terrific example to others.

• 9 years ago
Keith Hill
Keith Hill
Actor

Oh, Good Lord. That is a ve4ry upsetting thought. he annoyed me on many occasions, but mainly because he made me question my own assumptions, with such unerring accuracy.It took me ages to recognise how much courage it takes sometimes to say what you really think in this job, mainly because he wore his courage so lightly..

• 9 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted
This profile has been archived

This really is very sad news indeed.
Rest in Peace Monsieur Le Splat xxxx

• 9 years ago
Monty Burgess

Very sad news indeed.

• 9 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted

This is really tragic news.

• 9 years ago
James Abbey
James Abbey
Actor

A fine man, a fine actor and a great shame.

• 9 years ago
Tammy Heath nee Wakefield

RIP Splat! I always enjoyed his comments

• 9 years ago
Mia Vore
Mia Vore
Actor

I worked with Michael on a play (with Alan Brent) and was shocked to learn about his death via FB.
RIP & deep sympathy to his friends and family.....
Mia

• 9 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted

Never met him personally but he really struck me as a complete one-off.
Shocked and saddened, RIP "Splat Cat".

• 9 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted

RIP Splat Cat

He definitely brightened up these forums and really got them going on occasion too!!

• 9 years ago
Forbes KB
Forbes KB
Actor

I never had the pleasure of working with him but his "off the wall" posts on here brought a smile to mine, and many others, faces!

Suffered in silence eventually paying the ultimate price! What a trouper!

Monsieur Le Splat! May you rest in eternal peace mate!

• 9 years ago
Amber Elliott

I too never had the pleasure of meeting Splat in person but he's was always so bold and funny on this forum, it was one of the reasons I kept coming back...

Ironic thing is that I thought about him a week or so ago and knowing he had been ill, was thinking of putting a message on hear asking if anyone knew how he was doing.

R.I.P Splatty Cat - brave and a Pro to the end.

• 9 years ago
Farah Sardar
Farah Sardar
Actor

He was really endearing and I miss him loads.

• 9 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.