I want to do fringe!

Alishia Love
Alishia Love
Actor

Any other actors/directors/thespians want to do/doing Edinburgh Fringe this year? I want to get involved!! If you need an actress give me a shout!

• 8 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted
This profile has been archived

I feel the same way, if you hear of anything, please count me in!
Happy 2013!

• 7 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted

Me three! Great way to just get out there!

• 7 years ago
Adam Anouer
Adam Anouer
Actor

Me four! You've gotta love the actors Olympics. Everyone all giving their all in a single city that unites the world of performance. Count me in.

• 7 years ago
Martin Bell
Martin Bell
Actor

Ditto. Although I'm a student so only free from around May time...is that a suitable time to start rehearsing or do most shows already start their rehearsals by then?

• 7 years ago
Adam Anouer
Adam Anouer
Actor

Martin the general rule is most of them start rehearsing around spring but there are some which repeatedly go to the fringe who start...somewhat closer because the script is already fully written and has already been performed in a fringe or venue but they want to hire a different cast for it. Keep you're eyes open and you'll find a number of awesome productions just waiting for talented performers.

• 7 years ago
Lee Ravitz
Lee Ravitz
Actor

Martin, Adam is right in general, but there is no hard and fast rule: as always, rehearsal lead time will depend on the complexity of the show. Although there is something to be said for getting involved with material that has already previewed several months early (i.e. determined whether or not it can hold an audience, possibly won awards that it can trail on promotional material and almost certainly been reworked in response to audience/reviewer reaction, for the sake of improvement), it is far from the only work that will go to the Fringe. Many shows, particularly site specifc pieces or those with smaller casts, may actually only start casting and rehearsing a month or two in advance of need - and this is no different to the lead time for most fringe shows elsewhere.

What is obviously challenging in Edinburgh is generating interest and appreciation for the particular show you are in, as you are up against hundreds of alternate choices. Equally, Edinburgh reviewers etc. can be considerably less forgiving of 'also ran' sort of shows than they would be elsewhere, because there are that many more shows to be compared with, and standards are set higher. Therefore, going to Edinburgh with a show you believe to have prospects is always better than going with a show that is mediocre.

With that said, if there is one theatre festival where much is just about the sheer experience of being at the hub of a vibrant creative community, regardless of what exactly you are doing in order to be there, it's Edinburgh. Many of us have been to the Festival with shows that were not smash hits or looked better on paper than perhaps they proved in reality, but the experience of being at the Festival itself still remained fantastic; if you can go with an award winning company or gain great accolades while you're there, all the better.

• 7 years ago
Peter Halpin
Peter Halpin
Actor

Hi Alishia (and everyone else!)

I'm in the early stages of creating a one-man show to take up and have a really good director behind me for it. Also hoping to get my stand-up set in there too. There's just SO much to do with everything else as well as these! Time is not on my side!!
Just keep your eyes and ears proverbially peeled and something is likely to crop up that you can put yourself in the frame for! :) Good luck and hopefully see you up there.

• 7 years ago
Martin Bell
Martin Bell
Actor

Thanks Lee and Adam, I'll be sure to keep an eye out as it's definitely something I'm aiming to tick of my list this summer!

• 7 years ago
Angela Hartwell

Really hope to get up there in something this year.

• 7 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted

Me please? xx

• 7 years ago
Laura Cusack
Laura Cusack
Actor

I really want to do the Fringe- i go and watch every year but I dont want to watch anymore i want to take part!
If you hear of anything i would be internally grateful.
Laura x

• 7 years ago
anonymous
User Deleted

Has anyone heard any other news? Ive had an audition but didnt get the role, quite happy to do anything!

• 6 years ago
Clive Elkington

I'm afraid I don't have any opportunities for anyone here, as I'm only doing a one-man show - BUT, I might just take the opportunity to self promote, and say that if any of you do get along this year, I'd love to see you at my show about Charlie Chaplin. More info can be found here: http://www.edfringe.com/event/hatthec

Here's to an awesome Summer!
C.

• 6 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.