Cover letter

Marianna Neofitou

Hi,

I need help in what to put in the cover letter when applying for jobs.

I have applied for a few and had no response, I am beginning to think it could be my cover letters letting me down!! Any tips??

Many Thanks!

• 6 years ago
Nigel Peever
Nigel Peever
Actor

People don't reply, don't worry about it!

Keep it brief, keep it relevant,stress any special skills that are useful in that particular application. Assure them that you are available for the dates listed put in something to show that you've actually read all the advert, that it's not a stock application.

If you can get a showreel up and a few more photo's people will be able to see you better, for example show some of you dancing.

Good luck

• 6 years ago
Lizzie Jackson

how should i address the company? Do i say 'Dear Sir/Madam' or do i say 'Dear Company Name'

• 4 years ago
Brian Croucher

Hi Cover Letter
An interesting idea for which I am available. I have the typing skills you require I also attach my showreel so you can see who you are considering for for this project .
Many Thanks once more.
Brian Croucher

• 4 years ago
Lizzie Jackson

So you say hi to the name of the company ideally ? I'm just stuck because I read that they hate being called sir/madam

• 4 years ago
Brian Croucher

I do as I believe in being as personal as possible, after all we are in a communications industry not say accountancy. You are meant to make yourself as attractive as you can to the purchaser.Your commodity is just yourself your skills and talents. Always tell the truth otherwise you may come unstuck like some........Bon Chance BC

• 4 years ago
Lizzie Jackson

Thank you very much !

• 4 years ago
Vicki Glover
Vicki Glover
Actor

I've heard that people don't like Dear Sir/Madam - but I always use it and have had no problems :) if there's a name available on the casting I will use that, but it's uncommon on CCP. Hope that helps a bit and doesn't jut confuse the issue lol x

• 4 years ago
Michael Tucker
Michael Tucker
Voice Over: American - Standard

Is there a template for a solid cover letter for people new to the industry?

• 2 months ago
Shane Harper
Shane Harper
Actor

Hi Michael,

Personally I think all cover letters should be different, they do not however have to be long. I also say dear 'company name', so that they know you are addressing whoever it is that is reading the email and understand you have seen the company of the casting.

Id like to be considered for the role of 'insert role' - again here you could put anything that you think is relevant eg - I am trained in horseback riding or I have played a similar role before or have a certain skill they ask for. If there is nothing they are particularly asking for you can just say where you are based .

Thats about it! It might not be a perfect format but most of the time they are looking at your photo, cv, and any uploaded self tapes or recordings rather than assessing your ability to formally structure a business email. As long as it is spelt correctly then I am sure it will be fine.

• 2 months ago
Michael Tucker
Michael Tucker
Voice Over: American - Standard

Outstanding! Thank you Shane.

• 2 months ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.