The Casting Directors Association awards winners 2018 have been revealed in a ceremony hosted by comedian and writer Shappi Khorsandi at The Crypt at St Etheldreda's in London UK. The CDA awards honour and showcase the work of leading casting directors in the industry, with prizes handed over for Best Short Film Casting, Best Casting of a Music Video, Best Casting of Stills, Best Casting of an International Commercial and more.
This year's CDA awards jury included Claire Beale (Global Editor in Chief for Campaign), Steve Davies (Chief Executive of APA), Simon Evans (Theatre Director), Robert Glenister (Actor), Andy Levine (Head of Production at Stink Film), Tom Oxley (Photographer) and Christine Payne (General Secretary of Equity).
Australian casting legend Kirsty McGregor from the Casting Guild of Australia also attended.
The full list of winners are as follows:
Best Casting of a Short Film
• Emily Tilelli for "Sketch"
• Shakrya Dowling for "Christmas Jumpers"
• Sue Odell for "His Wake" – WINNER!
Best Casting of a Music Video
• Amanda Tabak for Sam Smith - "Last Song"
• Camilla Arthur for Mount Kimbie - "Delta"
• Emily Tilelli for Tom Walker - "Heartland" – WINNER!
Best Casting of Stills
• Chris Snode for Samsung “Wearables”
• Camilla Arthur for Heist Studios "Silks and Hoolas"
• Sue Odell for Barnardos – WINNER!
Best Casting of an International Commercial
• Ali Fearnley for Vonage "Virtual Reality"
• Amanda Tabak for Latex "Don't Call Mom"
• Leanne Flinn for Berlei "Womankind" – WINNER!
Best Casting of a UK Commercial
• Anna Stark for Levi Jeans "Levis Circle" – WINNER!
• Brendan McNamara for Samsung "Giving is a Gift to be Shared"
• Claire Toeman for Huawei P10 "Your Face Tells a Story"
Best Casting of an Online Commercial
• Ali Fearnley for Capital One "Spring Quick Check"
• Emma Ashton for Edeka "Eatkarus" – WINNER!
• Maddy Hinton for Mooncup "Period Drama"
Best Street Casting of a Commercial
• Anna Stark for Sainsburys "Every Bit of Christmas"
• Emily Tilelli for Pampers "Little Fighters"
• Leanne Flinn for Sport England "This Girl Can, Phenomenal Women" – WINNER!
The director of the BFI Future Film Festival Noel Goodwin sits down with Mandy News to discuss their new partn...
Best known for his work on Marvel's Runaways, Teen Wolf, and Casual, Rhenzy Feliz talks to Mandy New...
TV presenter and actress Charlotte Armitage is now the managing director at Yorkshire Academy of Film and Tele...
Best known for his visual effects work on X-Men: First Class and The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, produce...
Actor, writer and director Clint Dyer recently collaborated with maverick theatre director Simon McBurney...
Award winning cinematographer, Nancy Schreiber talks to Mandy News about getting started in the film...
Writer/Director and Producer Richard Boddington talks about introduction to films, experience with using Mandy...
Mandy News talks to Cinematographer Arlene Nelson, whose camera work has led to collaborations with iconic dir...
Mandy News talks to Film Editor Christopher S. Capp who is known for his work on The Hunge...
Sean Gascoine is working for one of the biggest talent agencies in the world, United Agents. He started his ca...
Fiona Crombie, production designer and costume designer, known for Macbeth, Top of the Lake and Una...
Mandy News spoke to Cara Horgan of Traitors and The Peep Show fame shares how she fell in love with...