Co-ordinating the BBC Children’s Independent (Indies) Content Commissioning Team, being a single point of contact for both internal and external stakeholders, working across submitted proposals to BBC Children’s, creating new workflows to create a more efficient and effect team, collating and analysing audience data to reflect the performance of brands. Responsibilities in the role include:
• Creating, tracking, managing and distributing business and commercially sensitive information via the Indie Production Overview, tracking all relevant information for projects from development, pitch, commissioning and production through to completion.
• Organising and chairing stakeholders meetings, creating detailed minutes, distributing information and following up on action points, making sure deadlines are met and concerns followed up.
• Managing, maintaining and authorising the Indies Development Commissioning process, keeping track of contracted assets, timelines and associated costs alongside Business Affairs.
• Working across Indie pitch proposals, assessing, reviewing and following up all submitted proposals in line with the Head of Contents Editorial Brief, so that obligatory milestones are met and Indie Supplier relationships are maintained, as well using established metrics to review and analyse audience data across linear and digital platforms for prospective re-commission proposal.
• Instigating and executing the Children’s two yearly Commissioning Round work-stream, creating, communicating and meeting milestones, introducing new templates and supporting documentation, co-ordinating Children’s Editorial Briefing Day.
• Arranging and managing Indie Pitch sessions, being the point of contact throughout, following up on further action points once decisions are made and the round closeout begins.
• Collating, editing and distributing various communications to both internal and external stakeholders, such as the audience ‘Top Ten Brands / General Updates Newsletter’ and editing appropriate copy for the Director of Children’s seasonal Newsletter, following up on any questions / queries relayed.
• Sharing with internal stakeholders researched competitor news across the industry from technology advancements, new programmes, industry events and films, creating a talking point and keeping everyone up to date on what is happening industry wide.
• Task managing on a week-to-week basis the Indie Production Management Assistant, assigning, reviewing and managing their workload, touching-base on a regular basis, ensuring deadlines are met whilst keeping up to date with development opportunities they can partake in as well as their general well-being.
Production Company: BBC
Year of Publication: 2019
If you are interested in working on BBC Children's or similar productions, join The Mandy Network today to get alerted to upcoming job opportunities.