1950's style comic monologue - Urgent

I wondered if anyone knows of a comic monologue either set in the fifties or suitable to adapt to do a heightned RP accent.

I have been looking at Noel Coward and early Pinter, but nothing has stood out to me yet, or has been too serious. I have found a funny telephone monologue of Cowards from his revue sketches and paradies collection, but not too sure about doing a telephone speech...always thought they were considered best to be avoided.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Steph. x

• 13 years ago
User Deleted
This profile has been archived

Look at some of Joyce Grenfell's monologues (most well known generally for her role in original St. Trinian's films, although she was a fantastic writer and performer). Here's a link -

http://monologues.co.uk/First_Ladies/index.htm

there are a few names listed, but click on Joyce Grenfell. I'd recommend one of the Nursery monologues. Hilarious.

• 13 years ago
Toni Brooks
Actor

Especially the George, Don't Do That' one. Also Alison from Look Back in Anger http://iws.punahou.edu/department/theatre/curriculum/monologues/female/alison.html

• 13 years ago
Toni Brooks
Actor

Just clocked you wanted comedic and the Alison one is far from that. Sorry.

• 13 years ago

Thank you Emily you're a lifesaver!! Great website and Toni funnily enough thats the one I chose!

Steph x

• 13 years ago

are you auditioning for Recipe for a perfect wife? As I don't want to do the same speach as you!
Sarah

• 13 years ago

Hi Sarah

Yes I am! Have you found out your audition time yet? I emailed back quite late on Friday and I haven't heard yet.

Steph x

• 13 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.