2011: Are you feeling optimistic or pessimistic?

User Deleted
This profile has been archived

2010 has been really terrible. Sincerely hope that the New Year is going to be different. But, depressingly, the signs are not very encouraging. Does anybody think or feel differently? Cheer me up please

NEW YEAR GREETINGS

Siva

• 13 years ago
Forbes KB
Actor

I'm totally optimistic for 2011! No doubt it's going to be a challenge for all of us but isn't that half the fun? Not knowing where your next pay-cheque is coming from!

I say bring it on...I'm ready for anything!

• 13 years ago

ALWAYS optimistic - new year, new resolve, new skills, new opportunities. There's a big break out there and it can't hide from me forever! ;P Chin up and keep trucking, all the best :)

• 13 years ago
Toni Brooks
Actor

With you on that Vanessa. Happy New Year to us all :-))

• 13 years ago
Private User
This profile is private

Hmm I seem to veer from one extreme to the other on this! 2010 has been really awful for a lot of people in a lot of ways but hopefully that means 2011 must be better.

On the other hand so many aspects of our profession seem out of our control. We can do so much in terms of training, marketing, networking etc. but there is always that element of luck or being the right person/in the right place at the right time!

• 13 years ago
Nathan Head
Actor

I'm very optimistic!

I've noticed a pattern in my life, all the odd years are great and the even years are naff... so 2011 should be a good one! haha
I'm optimistic

• 13 years ago
Farah Sardar
Actor

Don't you worry folkies. Just watch the Eastenders Specials - that'll lift your spirits!!

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

I am wondering whether we (CCP members) should be proactive and do something about our careers rather than waiting for things to happen. How about forming a co-operative production company and start making low budget movies? Am I being bonkers?

Siva

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

Optimistic about 2011 for sure!

And aren't we always proactive about our careers?

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

I am being optimistic about 2011 - this year brings the dawning of the Age of Aquarius. This is my year! Bring it on.

• 13 years ago
Private User
This profile is private

Hi,

Very optimistic - hurrah.

Augustine xx

• 13 years ago
Keith Hill
Actor

Ask me any given day, and you'll get a different answer.

• 13 years ago
Farah Sardar
Actor

Remember now tis the dawning of the Age of Aquarius - so there's NO excuse!

• 13 years ago
Nigel Peever
Actor

I already make low budget movies :-) if anyone wants to buy a copy of The Corsican Brothers with coronation street's Peter Baldwin get in touch :-) The Battle of Waterloo will hopefully see completion and go on sale in the next few months with animation almost complete.

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

Yup Siva,

I feel the exact same way. So lost, not sure which way to move forward in this industry.

We just have to keep on hoping that 2011 is the year for us!

• 13 years ago
Private User
This profile is private

Definitely optimistic! Got to be! 2010 was actually really pretty good I thought. An early blip around Jan-March, but otherwise fine.
Really hoping 2011 can bring a step or 5 up the proverbial ladder!

Good luck everyone! (Unless you're the same character type as me! ha!) ;)

• 13 years ago

After how I felt last year I was determined not to feel the same this year.Ive never sat still,but have been incredibly negative.I let my membership lapse both on here and equity.

So in an effort to kick start my new year Ive had my showreel sorted out,re edited,shortened & its ready to go out there and reel them in for me.

Well thats the plan.Have to compile a list of casting directors to mail out to.

Nothing annoying.Just a hello,here I am.If you feel inclined to take just 3mins or less of your time to view my stuff,you might just find im worth offering one or two jobs too.

At the very least youll know Im here ready and waiting for you in 2011 haha .

• 13 years ago
Farah Sardar
Actor

Imagine going through your life and ending up an old biddy feeling unfulfilled and resentful because you didn't persue your real passion - isn't that more depressing?!

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

You are spot on there. That's why I must to do something about it this year

• 13 years ago

there is work out there and you just have to find a way of chasing it .....and spending less time on the ccp forum !!!
optimistic new year resolution xxx

• 13 years ago
Toni Brooks
Actor

Full of optimism - even though I've just had a rejection for something I would have loved to audition for. Onward and upwards though.

• 13 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.