2011: Are you feeling optimistic or pessimistic?

User Deleted
This profile has been archived

2010 has been really terrible. Sincerely hope that the New Year is going to be different. But, depressingly, the signs are not very encouraging. Does anybody think or feel differently? Cheer me up please

NEW YEAR GREETINGS

Siva

• 13 years ago
Private User
This profile is private

First half of 2010 was great for me ! The second half has mainly involved working in a solicitors office to try and desperately to get large amounts of money very quickly! So not the most creative last six months.

I was starting to feel like I had sold myself out and I was destined to be in an office for the rest of my days when the phone rang... I am now in The Newsrevue at the canal cafe theatre for the next three weeks... Just goes to show you life has a funny way of turning things around just when you need it to.

After 10 years in this business they call show I know as well as the next man that you can lose hope and your drive but it is the people who can pull themselves through it and come out stronger on the other side that last in this business.

So in a nutshell, Yes! I do feel optimistic for 2011 .. you have to be!

Break a leg everyone.. and if you need cheering up come down to the Canal Cafe for the Newsrevue :)

(shameless plug I know)

• 13 years ago
charles delaney
Actor, Singer

...It that good for Aquarians then?(If it's the dawning of...!)

• 13 years ago
Toni Brooks
Actor

Not supposed to start properly until 2376 so we're still at the dawning of the age unfortunately :-))

• 13 years ago

I'm kind of swinging between both at the moment, I graduate this year so I'm excited aboout finally getting to go out there and get stuck in, but I'm also a bit worried about finding an agent, sorting my showreel out and usual first tiime jitters etc

on a side note, is anyone going to the Surviving Actors event on the 22nd?

• 13 years ago
Dan Gregory
Actor

Over the moon as of a few minutes ago. Just got two weeks work in Spain! Thanks CCP.

• 13 years ago
Toni Brooks
Actor

Well done!

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

Just seen an advert for a job I really want - optimistic that I get that one!

• 13 years ago
Farah Sardar
Actor

I see jobs on TV I really want all the time..

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

As the first 'positive' action of the year, I have decided to make another showreel through Actors Studio. I plan to attend their intensive five day screen acting course in February. If any of you have attended this course, I would be grateful for your opinion of this course. It is quite expensive so, I want to make sure that it is worth attending. It may be a good idea if you could send me a private reply to avoid embarrassing the organizer of this course. Thank you

• 13 years ago
John Rayment
Actor

I don't want to say how optimistic I'm feeling, in case I jinx it ;)

• 13 years ago

I've just booked a casting workshop with Annelie Powell and am hoping it's a more positive experience than the last workshop I went to (NOT through her, I kight add!). It wasn't expensive and it makes me feel proactive, so we'll see how it goes...! I did say I wouldn't do another one, but the CD looks good (currently working with the BBC) and Annelie's workshops seem to have good feedback so I'm hoping it will be a constructive move!! Just had a booking cancelled (budgets, or lack thereof, kicking in already...), so need perking up! :)

• 13 years ago
Private User
This profile is private

Very optimistic, I am singing at the Indigo2 (O2 Arena) on the 15th and soooo excited!!! xx

• 13 years ago
User Deleted

Wow... that must be exciting

• 13 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.