Performance license for child actors

Hi all,

For short turnaround projects is it a must for directors to request or arrange a performance license for the actors? Many directors don’t mention who will get this done- so need some clarity and advise please.

Shree (mum)

  • 2 weeks ago
  • 102
  • 3
Luka Krenek

It's the producers, who need to arrange this. If you get a job through an agent, they will usually do it for the producers for a fee. You will always need a license, so mention it early in the job application process. Yes, you will be ghosted by some jobs who don't want to bother applying for you, or bother applying in good time, but those are best to stay away from anyway. Best of luck on your journey !!!

  • 2 weeks ago
  • 1

Very helpful Luka- thanks for that!

  • 2 weeks ago
  • 2
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.