The 12,000 club - where are you?

• John Burton

Actor

I've been browsing CCP and came across my total views, I hadn't looked at it for a while but it sort of leapt out at me today - 12, 005 views.

Wow, that's a lot of people who have looked at my profile in some way shape or form.

I guess it also depends how long you've been a member of the site.

I was interested how many views other CCP members have had and whether anyone has more than 12,000.

If you have, put it up on the site and we'll try to find out who is the most viewed member.

It's only a bit of fun but it could be worth knowing, especially if a lot of views have come from employers which has turned into paid work.

• 8th May 2012
  • User Deleted

This profile has been archived

Somehow, ridiculously, I've had 23,266 - though the majority of these will probably be from my mum. Have been on the site from 2007, I think so that's quite a while!

• 6th May 2012
  • Andrew Wright

Actor

17,072 since 2007

• 6th May 2012
  • Catherine Stobbs

Actor

17,053 oo-er!

Although my profile did sit not doing very much for a good few years before I even considered doing this full time!

• 6th May 2012
  • Forbes KB

Actor

37,678 since 2004 and I'm not even a pretty blonde! :-)

• 6th May 2012
  • Tony Burden

Actor

Don't be so hard on yourself Forbes

• 6th May 2012
  • User Deleted

Now I feel as if I should be embarrassed by my relatively small number! haha

Although, in mitigating, I have only been a member just less than 2yrs.

:)

• 6th May 2012
  • John Eastman

Actor

5000 since last year when I joined after a long Hamlet tour.

have applied for virtually no jobs in the last 8 weeks..

including the 'bring ya own python' job.

• 6th May 2012
  • Jenna Sharpe

Actor

I don't think you can read much into the number of views you have had, especially not as an indication of your success as an actor.

I am always checking out people's profiles out of curiosity especially if I worked with them before. I sometimes check my own profile from my iphone or other computers which probably count towards my views...

If you post in the forum a lot you will have more views than someone who never does, especially if you ask for feedback on your showreel...

If you have multiple videos on your profile you will come up under featured showreel more often...

If you have a strange or intriguing thumbnail for your showreel you get more clicks...

Sadly this is less likely to be from employers and more likely to be other actors. It is a buyer's market after all.

Also with SEO you may find if you have a common name, similar spelling or share a first name or surname with a popular public figure you may also be getting some hits via that.

Don't get me wrong. I mean views are good to have I guess. But not something I use as a measure of anything.

Now, you may view me if you wish. Go on, you know you want to :p

• 6th May 2012
  • User Deleted

My profile views tally is less than my forum posts tally!

I feel so unnecessary!

• 6th May 2012
  • John Eastman

Actor

Stuart I dont think that matters, if Jenna is correct.

I just looked at your profile..youve been busy! Can I just say though that your photo looks slightly blurred? Hope you dont mind me saying.. Or maybe I need glasses. We both have archery experience..how about that!

• 6th May 2012
  • Forbes KB

Actor

I've had another 20 since I posted my initial response so it's fair to say the more active you are on the forums also generates peofile views too! :-o

• 6th May 2012
  • Torya Winters

Actor

8,980 so far - most of these have come since I was in an advert that plays constantly though!

I agree, posting in the forums tends to up your views, very few of mine are from employers.

• 6th May 2012
  • Clive Elkington

Actor

12,779. I've been on here since Jan 2005. Averaging i guess just short of 2000 a year, 152 a month, and roughly 6 a day...

Quite interesting when you look at it like that really

• 6th May 2012
  • Sue Parker-Nutley

Actor

I think Employers' views are alot more important than other actors' or random hits! However, I have over 10,000 and a good proporation of those are employers.

• 6th May 2012
  • Sue Parker-Nutley

Actor

That'll be "proportion" of course. A couple of pinot grigios watching BGT - sorry!

• 6th May 2012
  • Lee Ravitz

Actor

20,116, it appears, since, what, 2006? Many may be more amused (but not surprised) to see I've notched up nearly 1,600 posts to the forums in that time, though!

• 6th May 2012
  • User Deleted

I meandered into the '12,000 club' in the last couple of days actually. Been on the site since 2010, so I thought that was quite interesting... though also had the heavy feeling that it should have offered more jobs/networking opportunities than it has... so it's all just a number really.

• 6th May 2012
  • Mark Kempner

Actor

12,761. I don't feel any different knowing that though. The only interesting thing for me is.... I had no idea you could source such information!!!

• 7th May 2012
  • Alan Brent

Actor

16180 odd....Wish I'd had that many jobs!

From of all places many seem to be from USA...

• 7th May 2012