Careers Advice for Actors from Tom Adams, Fruitcake Casting
Tom started off as an Actors Agent, before moving into casting, TV & Film. His casting company, Fruitcake Casting, works with some of the world’s leading brands and is at the forefront of international talent sourcing.
Top audition tips:
- Write to commercial casting directors bi-annually to maximise your chance of being in the right place at the right time.
- Have honest conversations with your agent.
- Focus on your strengths not your weaknesses.
- Be relaxed in auditions. Listen and take direction.
- Make your profile work for you - use a colour headshot as your default picture, keep credits up to date.
Mandy Member Feedback:
‘Very insightful and helpful. I have a much clearer idea of what I should be doing and the kind of conversations I should be having.’ Ainy Jaffri
‘Fantastic. It was very informative and Tom was extremely informative.’ Nicolas Fagerberg
‘Fantastic. Tom was lovely. He gave me clear advice on what I should be doing to push myself further in the industry.’ Sarah Dyas
‘Very honest, open and frank. Tom was eager to solve my problems and gave unbiased advice.’ David Wayman
‘Super! Very relaxed and great advice.’ Nick Dutton
‘Very informative. A great opportunity, thank you.’ Roxanne Ebrahimi