Showreel advice for Actors from Jane Deitch, CDG
About Jane Deitch, CDG:Jane was the original head of the first in house casting department of the BBC which she ran until 2006. She cast all the shows including Eastenders, Casualty, Holby City, Doctors, Dalziel and Pascoe, Sea of Souls and Waking the Dead. She is now is the head of her own casting company and casts film, TV and theatre.
Jane's Top Tips:
Your showreel should:
- Be short: 3 - 3.5 minutes max.
- Show captions (credits and director) on each showreel clip.
- Show us that you can act.
- Show us how you look on camera.
- Show us that you have worked professionally with variety.
Photos are key:
- Make sure yours reflect who you are.
Marketing is everything:
- Make sure your profile stands out and is up to date.