The 6 tips for movie acting success that Rampage actor Jason Liles lives by
Jason Liles plays George the Gorilla alongside A-list legend Dwayne Johnson (AKA The Rock) in action-disaster movie Rampage. After our amazing, in-depth interview with the performance capture actor about his movie career, Jason shared with us Arnold Schwarzenegger's six tips for success which he lives by.
"I apply Arnold Schwarzenegger's six tips for success to any career," says Jason.
"Acting is like any other career and you have to build your business."
1. Trust yourself.
2. Break the rules. No one ever became a true original or a maverick by following all the rules. Just because something is the way it's done and functional doesn't mean it can't be improved.
3. You can't be afraid to fail. You have to fail in order to find out how to succeed. You have to be the Beatles and go into 50 different record companies and get no's before Decca records says, "yeah all right.' You can't just try five times and be like, "ah, it's not for me. I swung five times, guess I'm not a baseball player."
4. Work like hell. There is no substitute for hard work. When you are partying and horsing around, just know that someone somewhere else is working.
5. Ignore the naysayers. There are a lot of people that told me I was tall, "you can't work in films. No one's ever done that before." Arnold says, "be the first."
6. Always give something back. There are so many ways to do it. Jack Lemon says "if you ever make it to the top, always be sure to send the elevator back down (I'm not there yet (laughs)."
Sign up to Mandy.com for free to see acting jobs.Tags: