The building was originally constructed in 1928 and converted to cinema use in 1930.
In addition to the main theatre building, there is a large administrative / dressing room block on the right hand side and a terrace of shops, offices and residential buildings on the left overlooking Great Russell Street.
Internally, in addition to the Bainbridge Street block and main auditorium, public areas and ancillary accommodation used for theatre activities are also fairly extensive and are complex from the point of view of layout.
It was designed by the architects William & T. R. Milburn and the building cost £459,727.
The Dominion opened on 3rd October 1929 with an American musical comedy on golf by De Sylvia Brown and Henderson called Follow Through (Follow Thru on Broadway).
Universal hired The Dominion for its movie Phantom of the Opera with 35% dialogue and some new footage added to the 1925 silent movie.
The nearest underground station is
Tottenham Court Road station, on the Charing Cross line.
268-269 Tottenham Court Road
Tottenham Court Road
0870 607 7400
Members of Mandy who have worked for Dominion Theatre