Bow Arts Trust was established in 1995. The Trust is a registered educational charity and a company limited by guarantee. It is situated by the historic St Mary Atta le Bow Church, of the famous Bow Bell, in the heart of the East End of London. The Trust presently occupies 28,000sqft split between two buildings; one an old factory built in 1818, the other a disused Carmelite Nunnery built around 1850. The Trust's prime ambition has been to build and manage a widely accessible art gallery - The Nunnery, and to run a London wide educational program as a complement to its provision of 90 affordable artists' studios.