An 18th century palace fit for a 21st century city
The Neoclassical palace that stands today between the bustle of The Strand and the sweep of the river occupies the same site as the original Somerset House, an imposing mansion built in 1547 by Edward Seymour, 'Protector Somerset' to the Tudor King Edward VI.
The end of the 20th century saw a major refurbishment to the complex of buildings, with the new Edmond J. Safra Fountain Court at its heart. Home to the world-renowned permanent collections and special exhibitions of the Courtauld Gallery, as well as temporary exhibtiions of contemporary art, Somerset House is a now major cultural hub.
Members of Mandy who have worked for Somerset House