Garsington Manor

  • About
    Garsington Manor was built by William Wickham in the seventeenth century. It remained unaltered until 1915 when it was acquired by Philip and Lady Ottoline Morrell. In 1927, the house was bought by Dr Heaton, who later sold it to Sir John and Lady Wheeler Bennett. Leonard and Rosalind Ingrams acquired it in 1982.

    It was the Morrells who, with the help of architect Philip Tilden, created the Italian garden and designed the loggia and terrace. The design of the three distinct gardens within the grounds was greatly influenced by the couple’s travels in Italy.

    It is home to Garsington Opera in the summer.
  • Built in
    1915
  • Address
    Garsington
    Oxford
    OX44 9DH
  • Website

Members of Mandy who have worked for Garsington Manor