THE MALTINGS is idyllically located on the banks of the Great River Ouse which flows through Ely, a small city in the heart of the Fens situated about fifteen miles from Cambridge.
It was built in 1868 for the brewery of Ebenezer William Harlock. It was badly damaged by fire in 1967. It was passed onto the East Cambridgeshire Council, which then carefully renovated, restored and converted it into a public hall.
The Maltings Bar has a vibrant, fresh and modern interior, offering a friendly, relaxed atmosphere and serves fresh, innovative and wholesome food throughout the day.
he Maltings Conference, Exhibition and Banqueting Centre
* Weddings, Receptions, Private Parties and Dinner Dances.
* Conferences, Meetings and Exhibitions
* All functions catered for
* Fully licenced bars
With its individual character and charm it is an ideal venue for most entertainments; we hope to see you soon.
The Maltings is mananged by Eliance Restaurants Ltd on behalf of the East Cambridgeshire District Council.
The Elysian Hall
* This hall with its high-beamed roof easily accomodates up to 260 delegates theatre style (with retractable seating)
* This hall is perfect for formal functions, dinner dances and Christmas parties
* It can accomodate 200 people for banqueting purposes
* It measures 18m x 11m with a stage area of 6m x 11m
* Changing rooms and lighting available
* Audio visual equipment is available for hire
The Kempen Room
* This room has picturesque views over the River Great Ouse and the marina
* It is ideal for Meetings, seminars or training sessions, this is a very ersatile room
* 75 people can be accomodated theatre style or 35 people boardroom style
* Measures 9m x 9m
The Orsay Lounge and Hereward Room
* These two rooms are situated alongside the Elysian Hall and separated by a folding partition wall.
* Extensively used for boardroom meetings, seminars and training sessions
* Accomodates up to 20 delegates thatre syle and 14 boardroom style
* Orsay Lounge measures 10m x 4m and Hereward Room 6m x 4m
Members of Mandy who have worked for The Malting Ely