Beaulieu

  • About
    The attraction is open every day of the year except Christmas Day as indicated below.

    * 10 am until 6.00 pm - 26th May to 30th September
    * 10 am until 5.00 pm - 1st October to 25th May


    Formerly the 14th century Great Gatehouse of Beaulieu Abbey, Palace House is set in glorious grounds and gardens with immaculate spreading lawns and walkways overlooking the Beaulieu River. The House has been in Lord Montagu's family ownership since 1538, when Sir Thomas Wriothesley, later 1st Earl of Southampton, bought the Estate after the Dissolution of the Monasteries.

    Lord Henry Scott, the first resident owner of Palace House, extended it in the 1870's to accommodate his growing family. The architect was Sir Arthur Blomfield and the House you see today is a mixture of Victorian Gothic, medieval Gothic and 18th century fortification styles.

    Our Victorian staff bring Palace House to life ...The monastic origins of the House are evident and, once inside, visitors soon succumb to its friendly atmosphere as they view the many splendid and varied family treasures, portraits, photographs and memorabilia.

    Above all, Palace House remains a family home still lived in by the present Lord Montagu and his family and much loved by them.
  • Address
    John Montagu Building
    Brockenhurst
    SO42 7ZN
  • Website

Members of The Mandy Network who have worked for Beaulieu