Established in 1869 as the first residential College for women, Girton occupies spacious grounds about two and a half miles northwest of the centre of Cambridge next to the village of Girton. It became mixed in 1977 with the arrival of the first male Fellows and male undergraduates have been admitted since 1979. The equal balance between the numbers of men and women amongst both the Fellowship and the students is matched by no other College. We have thus built on our long tradition of women's academic success and achievement to become a diverse and friendly mixed community in which our students can study in a genuinely egalitarian environment.
Members of Mandy who have worked for Girton College Gardens