The Old Courtroom was designed by Charles Sorby in 1868. It was opened as a Court House on 3 July 1869, and remained as a County Court House until 1967 when East Sussex County Council Library Service took over the running of the building.
In 1997 the ownership was transferred to Brighton & Hove Council. The Old Courtroom was then used as a store room for Brighton Museum & Art Gallery. Following the Museum's refurbishment in 2002, the items in store were re-located and the work began on the restoration.
The restoration of the building has involved extensive repairs to the stonework, the replacement of many broken leaded windows and the complete refurbishment of the interior space.
118 Church Street
Members of Mandy who have worked for The Old Courtroom