The King's Arms

  • About
    For over a century the three main buildings on Bloom street were the Corporation Gas Offices, Salford House and The Kings Arms. The Gas Offices closed long ago and the last residents of the hostel left in the 1990's but happily The Kings Arms is still in business. The original Kings Arms stood on a plot of land bounded by Bloom Street, Smith Street (the original name for Sackville Street) and Lamb Lane. It was across Bloom street from the present pub and was first licensed in 1807. In October 1850 The Kings Arms was advertised to let by the Adelphi Brewery (next to The Brewery Tavern on the corner of Cleminson Street). The new tenant was Thomas Holden and when he was leaving in September 1858, the advertisement stated that the pub had been selling seven barrels of beer a week for seven and a half a years Before the Kings Arms was rebuilt, Bloom Street was lined on both sides with houses, shops and beerhouses. (more history when we get a minute) Now the kings prides itself on real ale, real people, real food, real music and real theatre.

    Over the last six years, under the current management, The Kings Arms has established itself as the best pub in the world. With a good selection of real ale, fresh home cooked food, an award winning theatre space & music venue, artist studios and a lovely garden, The Kings has really found its place within the community as a meeting ground for the good people of Salford & Manchester.
  • Built in
  • Capacity
  • Address
    11 Bloom Street
    M3 6AN
  • Website

Members of The Mandy Network who have worked for The King's Arms