Middle Temple Hall is one of the finest examples of an Elizabethan Hall in the country. It features a magnificant double hammer beam roof carved from the oak of Windsor Forest. Begun in 1562 and finished in 1573, it has remained virtually unaltered to the present day. From the first this Hall was the scene of serious legal education, high spirited entertainments, masques and revels. The Hall is not an historic relic. It is the centre of life for one of the four remaining ancient Inns of Court.
Middle Temple Lane