The 'Stiwt' takes its name from the Miner's Institute which underwent an extensive and expensive refurbishment into the building we see today!
Built in 1926 The Stiwt dominated the social and cultural life of Wales's largest village, Rhosllannerchrugog for decades. Throughout it's life it has been a cinema, theatre, concert hall, snooker room, ballroom and social club, but that all changed in 1977 when mirroring the effects of pit closures, redundancies and personal hardships in the area, the Stiwt closed it's doors for the last time.
A lot of hard work went into the daunting prospect of restoring the Stiwt into something like it's former glory in time for the show.
Its presence really has become 'The Heart of the Community'. Today the Stiwt regularly hosts professional groups for performances in drama, music and dance of all varieties! As well as many varied community activities.
Members of Mandy who have worked for Stiwt Theatre