Commanding a spectacular hilltop location in Derbyshire, this enchanting castle with romantic picture-book looks is a magical place to hold special events.
"Beautiful open courtyards and a walled garden sit between stunning ruins and impressive 17th century buildings, offering a versatile combination of spaces, including three areas licensed for civil wedding ceremonies".
One of Britain's greatest and most complete Elizabethan houses
* Spectacular Tudor treasure house
* Built for 'Bess of Hardwick', Elizabethan England's second most powerful and wealthy woman
* Outstanding 16th and 17th-century tapestries and embroideries
* Fine historic parklands, orchard and herb garden to explore
* Rare breeds of cattle and sheep
* Stunning herb garden
Closed (apart from parkland) Mondays and Tuesdays
Gift Aid: £9, child £4.50, family £22.50. Groups £7. Standard: £8.18, child £4.09, family £20.45. Garden only (Gift Aid): £4.50, child £2.25, family £11.25. Garden only (standard): £4.09, child £2.04, family £10.22. Stainsby Mill (Gift Aid): £3, child £1.50, family £7.50. Stainsby Mill (standard): £2.72, child £1.36, family £6.81. Car Park (vehicle charge): £2. Country Park (vehicle charge): £1.50.