Princes Street Gardens and Ross Bandstand

  • About
    Situated in West Princes Street Gardens The Ross Bandstand is an open-air theatre wih situated under the majestic Edinburgh Castle which provides a magnificent backdrop.

    First built in 1877 and gifted to the city by William Henry Ross Chairman of the Distillers Company Ltd.

    The Bandstand and terraced area were developed in 1935 and has since played host to many rock, pop and brass bands, plays, orchestras and classical concerts over the years.

    It is now in need of redevelopment and plans are underway to create a new theatre in its place. Proposed designs have included a Leaf Shaped or Shell shaped canopy and a Grassy Knoll.
  • Address
    West Princes Street Gardens
    Edinburgh
    EH2 2HG
  • Website

Members of Mandy who have worked for Princes Street Gardens and Ross Bandstand