* 200 hectare Country Park, centred on a 70 hectare lake or "Flash"
* A variety of well maintained paths cater for walkers, cyclists and horse riders
* One of the premier bird watching sites in the North West with several hides overlooking the Nature Reserve
* Over 230 bird species recorded on site including such as Black-Faced Bunting, Nightingale, Marsh Harrier, Spoonbill and Leach's Petrel
* A wide variety of Butterflies, Dragonflies and Damselflies
* Facilities include: small Information Centre, nine hole municipal golf course, children's play area, picnic and recreation areas, fishing on certain shores, sailing, windsurfing and rowing through Leigh and Lowton Sailing Club - no public sailing
* Pay and display parking, all hides have wheelchair access