Clissold Park

  • About
    In the 1880s the grounds of Clissold House and the adjacent Newington Common were threatened with development, and two prominent campaigners, Joseph Beck of The City of London and John Runtz of The Metropolitan Board of Works (MBW) persuaded the Board of MBW to buy the land and create a public park. On 24 July 1889, Clissold Park was opened by the newly formed London County
    Council (LCC). The two ponds in the park are named the Beckmere and the Runtzmere in honour of the two principal founders.
  • Address
    Green Lanes
    Manor House
    London
    N4 2EY
  • Website

Members of Mandy who have worked for Clissold Park