Welcome to Pendle Hippodrome, Colne.
We are a beautifully restored piece of local history located on New Market Street in Colne. We perform musicals & plays.
The theatre opened on 21st September 1914 & was built by Colne man, George Fort using stone from the local quarry.
It was fully restored & reopened on 6th December 1986
This was not the end but only the beginning. We have continued to improve our facilities over the years and are still growing and improving and still run purely by volunteers. The Hippodrome is one of a handful of true theatres in the country owned and run by amateurs. We are proud of our achievements and our beautiful Theatre.
WINNERS OF PENDLE COMMUNITY ORGANISATION OF THE YEAR 2010