Lopping Hall was opened 1884, and was paid for by the Corporation of London to compensate villagers for the loss of traditional rights to lop wood in Epping Forest, rights which were bought out when the management of the forest was taken over by the Corporation in 1878.
Lopping Hall has a large hall with stage and lighting system. There are also two further rooms, which can be used for meetings or rehearsals.
It is currently used for rehearsals and performances by local theatre and dance groups, as well as a venue for meetings.
There is disabled access.
Situated in Loughton High Road, opposite the Hollybush public house and next door to the HSBC bank. Convenient for Loughton tube station. Parking is available in Station Road, and there are car parks in High Beech Road and Marks and Spencer.