Edinburgh fringe auditions 2013

Hi
Where do you find auditions to be invoked with his years Fringe. I'm really interested in getting involved this year.
Are there websites? Or is there anyone needing actors out there?
Thanks
Jamie

• 11 years ago
Private User
This profile is private

I look on google just typing edinburgh festival auditions and some companies come up. Not seen any castings on here yet for anything though. Really want to go up this year too!

• 11 years ago

There has been a few on the opportunities section on here. They may still be there. Not sure. Good Luck guys and hopefully see you there. xx

• 11 years ago
User Deleted
This profile has been archived

Yeah its weird. I've been checking for ages and I've seen nothing now I've seen auditions today for 3 shows and the auditions were in March.

Time is ticking!

They have to be advertised somewhere! Where is the issue?

• 11 years ago
Keith Hill
Actor

Everybody is playing safe this year, and taking show they have already tried out somewhere else, with casts readymade, or going very small scale to reduce the financial damage (I won't say risk: There is for the most part no doubt at all).
It honestly shouldn't worry you. I have been to Edinburgh several times now, and only my most recent outing with one of the bigger companies (Enfants Terribles) was worth it. The rest were exhausting, dangerously expensive and professionally unproductive. On the other hand, while everyone else is crammed in six to an attic being drowned out by the din from 20,000 competing shows, and playing to seven American tourists and a tramp in an overheated church hall, there's quite a lot of work about elsewhere.

Leaving the after-dinner rhetoric aside the Edinburgh Fringe needs, in my humble and admittedly dyspeptic opinion, to seriously consider its future business model, and the same goes for companies that attend. After the booking horlicks of a few years back, the organisation of the Fringe itself is beginning to show some signs of professionalism, but from the point of view of participants, it is too big, not selective enough and too expensive to be a worthwhile BUSINESS risk. Of course everyone will now flood back at me with someone they know or heard of who got their big break by finding Nick Hytner in their audience or something, but once one cuts out the fantasies the number who make any worthwhile connection through going is vanishingly small.

You may well make a large number of smaller connections with whom you wil go on to develope rewarding artistic or business connections over the ensuing a years, but it's a shockingly expensive and random way of finding a few new mates.

Sorry about the tone of this, but I'm a bit off-colour today.

• 11 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.