Mandy: Jobs under 200 quid should automatically be opportunities?

Private User
Actor

Just a thought, as I don't post often, nor comment, however I have noticed that quite recently Mandy has been allowing far too many jobs to be posted that pay 70 quid or under for the day. That is nowhere near what a professional actor should accept for their talent, and (IMO) anybody that accepts that kind of work ISN'T a professional (or doesn't respect the craft!) They should automatically go into the "opportunities" bin for students, wannabees, etc.

Up for discussion...

• 4 years ago

Well , I was considering the same thing myself . I mean , I’ve got work until March . It won’t allow me to cast anyway . And frankly why should I continue to pay all this money for castings which barely cover my monthly subscription, or the travel costs to get to jobs . It’s beginning to really annoy the @@@ out of me . Reading great showreel footage etc . ...... I don’t want half hearted low paid barely usable footage . I want reasonable paid work , which has a fair chance of giving me a professional credit .

• 3 years ago

Hi Everyone, I am a late starter into this industry and have read all of your comments with great interest. It was recommended that I do student films etc for experience, so have a applied for a few, but my tutors all tell me I have a valuable talent and should work for free or little, so I will definitely be guided by all of you. Thank you for posting.

• 3 years ago
Toni Brooks
Actor

Who are your tutors? That sort of advice from so called professionals is a good part of why this industry is going downhill. Please don’t work for nothing unless it’s a collaboration with friends and fellow creatives - definitely not for students and definitely not for commercial work. Have a look at Equity’s rate cards. X

• 3 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.