Feedback on my 2017 Showreel

Hello!

I've recently modified and tweaked my latest showreel but I would be very grateful for people's opinions on it as I'm in the process of applying for agencies and want to make sure I'm representing myself well.

My showreel link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yh-HnQcRzzU&t=7s

I'm very open to anything as any feedback is great!

Thank you and look forward to hearing from you

• 6 years ago
David Rowley
Actor

Hey Gemma,

It's looking strong, I think you've got the order of it right. I would say that you need to edit 'The Puglist' to up the volume on it as it noticeably drops off when it gets to that clip then picks back up again. Also I noticed on your profile you're listed as being 3 foot 6, but that didn't seem right in the clips? So if it's a typo you will want to change that to get the correct work of course.

Aside from that it's looking good. Maybe see you on a shoot sometime!

David

• 6 years ago
User Deleted
This profile has been archived

You've got some really great content!! Shows you off really well. My only thought is that it's just a bit long- showreels only need to be 2 minutes long as CDs and Agents won't watch any more than that usually. Perhaps you could cut some of the scenes, as you may not need to show the whole thing. Good Luck!

• 6 years ago

Hey Gemma,
Looks really good. The first clip especially is great and really shows you off.
My only criticism would be the sound on 'Pugilist' as David has mentioned. One of the key things in a showreel is that every clip should be of the same quality, otherwise it is noticeable and overshadows the high quality of all the rest of the clips and this is the only thing that is remembered from your piece!
Also I would say the last police clip looks a little dated. I would question if it is needed, although it is a good clip, for me it didn't add anything to the showreel and the first police clip where you are talking is a lot stronger and looks a better quality and a lot more modern. If you need to shave time from your reel my advice would be here. Sometimes more is less, having 3 really strong clips rather than trying to cram 6 into one reel is a wiser choice and is often enough for an agent/CD/client etc. As Stephanie has mentioned showreels are usually only 2 mins.
Besides those minor points I think it's good. Hope that helps!
Good luck
Amber :)

• 5 years ago
You must login as a candidate to participate in the forum.
Please note: Messages written in the forum do not represent the views of The Mandy Network, nor have they been vetted by The Mandy Network staff. If you read something which you believe to be offensive or defamatory, please contact us and we will take the appropriate action.