Why hasn't my headshot been accepted?
We require actors to upload a recent professional headshot as their main default image profile picture. This is to ensure a high image quality, and consistency between actor profiles in our directory. We pride ourselves on being a service for professional actors and, having had many conversations with Casting Directors and Agents, know that a professional headshot is a non-negotiable part of an actor's industry toolkit.
Whenever a new photo comes through to our site, we ask two questions:
1) Is this image professional?
2) Is this image a headshot?
To be categorised as "professional", an image must:
- be taken by a photographer with adequate expertise and training
- be of high quality – with no pixilation
- be an original (not a photo of a photo!)
- not be a holiday snap or selfie
To be categorised as "a headshot", an image must:
- be free from hats, sunglasses and props
- show minimum shadows
- depict the face, neck, hair and shoulders – and no more!
- have a neutral background that doesn't distract
- be in focus
Here are some examples:
Your profile will not be visible within our directory without a professional headshot!