The Casting Directors Association awards 2018 nominees revealed
The Casting Directors Association awards nominees 2018 have been revealed showcasing the work of top industry Casting Directors. Comedian and writer Shappi Khorsandi will host the awards ceremony which takes place on May 3 in London, UK.
This year's CDA awards jury includes Claire Beale (Global Editor in Chief for Campaign), Steve Davies (Chief Executive of APA), Simon Evans (Theatre Director), Robert Glenister (Actor), Andy Levine (Head of Production at Stink Film), Tom Oxley (Photographer) and Christine Payne (General Secretary of Equity).
The full list of nominees are as follows:
Best Casting of a Short Film
• Emily Tilelli for "Sketch"
• Shakrya Dowling for "Christmas Jumpers"
• Sue Odell for "His Wake"
Best Casting of a Music Video
• Amanda Tabak for Sam Smith - "Last Song"
• Camilla Arthur for Mount Kimbie - "Delta"
• Emily Tilelli for Tom Walker - "Heartland"
Best Casting of Stills
• Chris Snode for Samsung “Wearables”
• Camilla Arthur for Heist Studios "Silks and Hoolas"
• Sue Odell for Barnardos
Best Casting of an International Commercial
• Ali Fearnley for Vonage "Virtual Reality"
• Amanda Tabak for Latex "Don't Call Mom"
• Leanne Flinn for Berlei "Womankind"
Best Casting of a UK Commercial
• Anna Stark for Levi Jeans "Levis Circle"
• Brendan McNamara for Samsung "Giving is a Gift to be Shared"
• Claire Toeman for Huawei P10 "Your Face Tells a Story"
Best Casting of an Online Commercial
• Ali Fearnley for Capital One "Spring Quick Check"
• Emma Ashton for Edeka "Eatarus"
• Maddy Hinton for Mooncup "Period Drama"
Best Street Casting of a Commercial
• Anna Stark for Sainsburys "Every Bit of Christmas"
• Emily Tilelli for Pampers "Little Fighters"
• Leanne Flinn for Sport England "This Girl Can, Phenomenal Women"