Gain more experience in a small class atmosphere with 5 different tutors. With a maximum of 12 actors we're holding 5 Master Classes over 5 Saturdays at our Covent Garden studio. Saturdays 27th April, 4th, 11th, 18th, 25th May 2019 Cost: £250
1. Sally Knyvette: Sally is an accomplished actor, director and tutor. She has worked as a regular on Emmerdale and in the 1970s on the series ‘Blake’s Seven’. She regularly directs theatre productions at The Kiln Theatre, the Finborough Arms and runs a Shakespeare residential week course in sunny Italy.
In this class we’ll work on our approach to a text, in particular, what’s the best way to attack a script once you’ve got the part? We’ll look at the many questions to ask, how to mark up the script, phrasing, actioning the lines, breathing, character and so on – a very strong classes from a very experienced actress!
2. Judith Quin: Renowned Vocal and Confidence Coach and professional actor/tutor, Judith will take you through a series of exercises designed to get the most from your vocal instrument, helping you gain the ‘presence’ essential for confident acting. You'll also film prepared duologue scenes with strong scripts sent to you in advance. http://www.quincoaching.com (On camera class)
3. Glynne Steele: Glynne teaches regularly at Drama Studio London, directs plays and is founder & director of Dothinkdo, a leading actor development company. You’ll work with some fascinating improv tools, make fresh, daring character choices and push your boundaries - an exciting and energising class, not for the nervous! Scripts again sent in advance, actors work in new pairs.
4. Peter Salter: Peter trained at Arts Ed. and teaches at The Actors Centre in Covent Garden. As previously, you’ll be cast with a (different) scene partner and sent scripts to learn in advance. Learn your lines, do some prep on the text and choices but stay loose and be available to be directed in the scene, paying attention to the subtext. We'll do a series of relaxation exercises to prep for filming, then film the scenes and play them back with critique. (On camera Class)
5. Daniel Dresner: Daniel has a strong, no-nonsense approach to acting on screen and as well as being an accomplished actor/tutor/director is also a ‘life coach’ helping actors develop within our overcrowded industry. http://www.danieldresner.co.uk
We'll aim to really get behind the actors’ and the characters’ thought process as well as working on an interior monologue/private moment exercise for camera. You’ll also work on film scenes, chosen by you, in new pairs before a final session building your own action plan to help yo to go forward in the business - what do you need to do to take the next steps on your acting journey? (On camera class)
Saturday 27th April: Sally Knyvette - Page to Stage: Attacking the Script & Performance
Saturday 4th May: Judith Quin - Voice and On Camera Technique
Saturday 11th May: Glynne Steele - Daring Improv and Character choices
Saturday 18th May: Peter Salter - Developing your on-screen craft
Saturday 25th May: Daniel Dresner - Further developing your on-screen craft
To book your place, please use Paypal directly on our website http://londonactorsworkshop.co.uk/advanced/
or make an online payment to:
'London Actors Workshop'
Account no: 5076 2725
Sort Code: 20-57-06
Please let us know when you have done this at email@example.com and we will confirm your place upon receipt of payment.
Please note that all tutors are working, industry professionals and therefore classes and tutors may be subject to change. Alternative tutors provide excellent & equal cover.